Author Topic: Problem with using "New Transparent PC Plot" feature  (Read 8702 times)

saminehbagheri

• View Profile
Problem with using "New Transparent PC Plot" feature
« on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:33 AM »
Hello Evereybody,

I have recently downloaded Silver. I could successfully install it on my machine and use most of the features that I need. When I tried to install it on another machine with very the same configuration I noticed some issues especially using "New Transparent PC Plot" feature. So after clicking on this option, a very small window opens up, but after enlarging it everything is black and nothing appears, no matter how long I wait. Does anyone has the same experience? Does anyone know where this issue can come from?

Bests,
Samineh

Ron D.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with using "New Transparent PC Plot" feature
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
I'm sorry it took me several days to reply--I did not have the Notify option set for this board of the forum so I did not receive an email notification of your post.

The Transparent PC Plot requires that Java be installed on the machine, and perhaps this is the reason it did not work correctly on your other machine. It also requires at least version 7 (once called 1.7), so the machine may just have an older version installed on it. The Grand Tour function also requires Java to be installed.

You can download Java 8 from https://java.com/en/download/. Can you install this and let us know if it fixes the problem?

-- Ron