Author Topic: Range brushing with 16 colors creates beautiful displays  (Read 6355 times)

Ron D.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Range brushing with 16 colors creates beautiful displays
« on: December 09, 2016, 06:14:19 PM »
Hi All,

The Sliver 1.3 release increased the possible number of colors for range brushing from 8 to 16. The default was still set to 8 because it takes a practiced eye, really, to follow patterns in the non-transparent plots, and even the transparent plots, of more than 8 colors. However, that depends on the individual, and I generally now set the number of range colors to the maximum of 16, which is accomplished through the Options-->Plot Settings menu selection. I'm usually able, particularly with the transparent PC plot and exported PDF plots, to interpret the behavior of the data with this many colors.

But I wanted to point out that PC plots range-brushed with 16 colors look gorgeous, so if you haven't increased the number of colors to 16 you may want to do that to see what you get when you range-brush different axes and different orderings of non-inverted and inverted axes. Kind of cool, and kind of an artistic way to display your data.

Ron